Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Devs Listened To Me!

Alright, so it probably wasn't just because of little ole me. But with the 1.2 patch Mythic has fixed that little issue with the rested XP display. I now see that I've got 100k rested xp on my Black Orc alt. Looks like I'm going to be busy catching up!

Everything about the new UI has been really nice. Maps seem accurate now, and I love the indicators in RvR as well as the active players number in PQs. I'm still getting used to the new party and warband finder, but I think it's going to be a good thing in the long run. I'm a little sad to lose zMailMod, but the changes to the mailbox were needed. I'll probably always come down on the side of making the game client more capable, even if it breaks some nice addons.

Other thoughts on all things 1.2: 
  1. Twisting Tower scenario is pretty interesting and fun. Hopefully tonight it won't be quite so choppy.
  2. I've already gotten the first reward for Bitter Rivals influence, with only two tasks finished. Looks like Mythic is making sure everyone will get a shot at the elite reward, which is good. These live events to release new classes have been very successful in part because they took what could have been a negative (classes released late) and made it a positive (fun event with sweet rewards). 
  3. Hooray for the crafting changes. It was so nice to not have to reselect all the items to create a new talisman the same as the last.
  4. The new mounts were tempting, but I'm holding off for the guild mounts. Just 2 more ranks, CoWs! Let's go!
  5. I seemed to last longer in open RvR. Not sure if it was because the group finally gave me a Guard or if it's a result of the changes to armor reductions. But either way, I'm one very happy front-line healer. Pancakez has a great write-up on the armor reduction changes, for those who are curious.
So, how's your experience been so far? What's your favorite change?


[UPDATE] Hey WAAAGH readers! Make yourselves at home, but feet off the couch, please! Many thanks to Syp for the recognition


Originally posted at WARnPieces.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment